Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Road Trip 2008!

We left San Francisco on October 22nd, and arrived home to our beautiful kids and wonderful babysitters Gramga and Papa Borg. The kids were very happy and very well taken care of and the grandparents were exhausted. :-) They all had fun together while we were gone and we really appreciate Ron and Karen so much for taking such good care of Laney and Jack. Tustin and I had such a wonderful time together and it made me wonder, do I have to run 26.2 miles again in order to get away with my husband next time? I hope not, but it was worth it!


We then had 2 days to unpack and then repack for our next trip. We gathered up everything we would possibly need for a family of four, loaded up the minivan and headed out on a family adventure. We were gone for 18 days, drove over 3300 miles, visted with tons of family and friends and just had a blast. First we spent a week at Grandma Rae's in Southern CA. While we were there, we visited with friends, spent a day at Legoland, and celebrated Halloween as well. We had a really nice visit with Tustin's mom, and the kids enjoyed every minute of their visit with Grandma Rae and the kitties.










Next we drove to Yuma for the Hall family reunion and surprize party for my parents' 70th birthday. They both turned 70 this year and we decided to throw a big party to celebrate. The whole family was there except for Tina's 2 oldest kids, Ryan and Ally who are away at school. Also Lori, Matt and Shayla could not be there due to Shayla's medical condition. We missed them very much and hope to see all of them soon.









We all had a ton of fun, but I think the cousins had the most fun of all. They ran around, played games, and went wild! Laney and the girls had plenty of girly time together which included tea parties and dressing up together with fancy jewelry. I think Laney had the time of her life! When it was finally time to head home after our long trip, instead of looking forward to her own bed in her familiar pink room Laney said, "who are we going to visit next?"




4 comments:

Wilmsens said...

OHH! We are so sad we missed the Yuma fun! Delaney is a little angel in her pink princess costume. I like her thinking- you should come visit the Wilmsens next!
Lori

mmg said...

Thanks for sharing Karen. The kids are all so cute. We do have a good-looking group.

Tina said...

I'm sure you and Tustin were excited not to visit anyone next...:)

We loved having you all here. Riley had some fun with Laney!

Thanks for sending me your pictures. I wish I had some of you and Tustin doing your reunion song. That was a highlight!

(My camera gave out before that program, and I am really hoping Santa brings me a new one.)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update to the blog, Karen. It was wonderful to see photos of the extended Hall family and of other activities along the way.

We agree with Tina and would love to see video of the duet!

Love, Ron